Professional Butterfly Farming – With Nigel Venters
The Professional Butterfly Farming Manual comprises the 600+ pages of articles from the
Professional Butterfly Farming Workshop.
Over 600 pages of text instruction, photos, drawings – from beginner to advanced level learning to start or expand your butterfly raising business! Learn how to raise butterflies profitably; build
and maintain a flight house; give professional butterfly education presentations and more! Nigel Venters is the author and he is a world-renowned butterfly raising expert. The Professional Butterfly Farming Manual also includes special articles
from world-wide experts. The topics are listed below.
The Professional Butterfly Farming Manual is provided in downloadable articles you can print out and put into a binder. Or, you may wish to have a print shop do this for you! You
will have the files on your computer, also – to access on screen.
The Professional Butterfly Farming Manual
1. The Business of Butterfly Farming – The Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is Butterfly Farming?
Buys Butterflies? Is It Profitable?
- How Do Butterflies Grow, And How Are They Raised In Captivity?
- Small-Scale, At-Home Butterfly Raising Business
- Medium-Scale Commercial Butterfly Farms
- Large-Scale Commercial Butterfly
- Getting Started – Frequently Asked Questions
- What Knowledge Do I Need To Successfully Raise Butterflies?
- What Knowledge Do I Need To Run The Business End?
- How Are Butterflies Advertised And Sold?
About The Competition?
- What Personality Traits Make For A Successful Butterfly Farmer?
- What Do I Need To Start Up A Butterfly Farm?
- What Are The Pitfalls And Problems Associated With New Start-Ups?
- A Day In The Life Of A
2. The Setup and Equipment – Getting Started
- Equipment and Cages
- The Simple Flight House and Enclosures
3. The Livestock and Production Processes
- Overview Of The Lifecycle And Raising Process
- Larval Host Plants And Feeding Adults
- Obtaining Livestock For Start-up
- Pairing Butterflies
- Eggs, Larvae And Pupae
- Raising Healthy, Disease and Parasitoid-Free
- Monarchs and O.e. Parasites – a Scientist’s View - by Dr. Sonia Altizer
- Egg Collection and Egg Wash for O.e. Prevention – Melanie McCarthy
- O.e. Solution and Directions – Jacob Groth
and Parasitoid Prevention (Including O.e.) – Nigel Venters
- Pests and How to Deal With Them
- E-Z Painted Lady - Start Up Small and Try out Butterfly Farming
4. (Business) Articles Include:
- Permits & Regulatory Agencies
- Preparation, packaging & shipping
- Shipping Orders, Containers, Instruction & Customer Care
- Working with Wedding Consultants and Funeral Directors
- Raising Kits for Schools
- Butterfly Education Presentations with Grace Venters
- Butterfly Education Presentations – With Kathleen Ziemer, Zane Greathouse and Todd Stout
- Mobile Exhibits – With: Fran LeMasters, David Folk, David Bohlken,
and Zane Greathouse
- Butterfly Exhibits – With Nigel Venters, Dave Clermont, Ellen Reid, and Jacqui Knight
- Building Your Butterfly Business: Merchandise, Advertising, Professional Association Membership
& Production) Articles Include:
- The Advanced Flight House
- Maximum Monarchs – Part I
- Maximum Monarchs – Part II
- Rapid Growth Systems for Milkweed and Host Plants – Aeroponics (With Judi Sunshine)
and Hydro-U Hydroponic Systems
- The Vanessas
- The Longwings
- Breeding Painted Ladies, Red Admirals and the Longwings
- Raising Painted Lady Butterflies on Artificial Diet
- Swallowtails - Raising in Pop Ups and in Sleeves
- Mourning Cloaks
- Managing Production Levels to Fill Orders
- Regulating Livestock and Temperature Controls
- Successful Breeding Techniques
- Holding Technique Using Refrigeration – With Jacob Groth
- How to Make
- Temperature-Induced Aberrations and A Simple Guide to Genetic Health and Natural Aberrations
Monarchs from Nigel Venters “Max Monarchs Part II”
- Disease free, huge, and healthy!